Our mission at Zenthropic is to create Software for Humans. We assume that your privacy is important to you, so it's important to us too. We also care about your time, mental energy and emotional state – we've done our best to make this policy clear, easy to read and as short as possible. Please let us know if you have any feedback or recommended improvements!
This policy applies to all websites and web applications operated by Zendeavor LLC, including zenthropic.com, zendeavor.net and app.zendeavor.net.
We make every reasonable effort to keep your data private and secure. We will never sell your data to anyone. Our use of your data is always and only in order to provide our services to you. We only share your data with third parties in order to provide our services to you or with your consent. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the people and third-party services we employ and partner with have policies and practices that are consistent with this pledge.
What personal data do you collect and why?
As a principle, we collect the minimum amount of personal data needed in order to provide our services effectively.
Name and Email
- To sign up for an account, we collect your name and email address.
- We use your name to engage with you in a more personal way. If you prefer not to share your real name, please feel free to use a pseudonym.
- We use your email (along with a password) to authenticate you – e.g., to sign you into our services.
- We use your name and email to communicate with you for account maintenance and support purposes – e.g., to confirm your email address, reset your password, provide customer support, gather feedback or provide important updates about our services.
- We track usage data to better understand how people use our services. This data helps us understand usage trends, what features are being used, issues and frustration points, etc.
- Usage data may include information such as your computer’s or mobile device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), operating system, browser type, browser version, the pages of our websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other diagnostic data.
- We currently use Google Analytics for usage tracking. For more information on Google Analytics’ policies and privacy safeguards, please see the following Google Analytics help pages: Analytics policies, Data privacy and security.
- We never share your name, email address or any other personally identifiable information (PII) with Google Analytics.
- To consistently identify the same user across different devices or browsers, we provide Google Analytics with an anonymous user id. This is a randomly generated id that is unique to Zendeavor – it cannot be used by Google Analytics or anyone else to determine your actual identity or to track you across other websites or services.
- If you prefer not to have your usage data anonymously tracked, you can use a built-in browser feature or browser extension to prevent tracking. We do ask you to consider allowing usage tracking, as it helps us improve our products for you and other users.
- In the future, we may use aggregate anonymized usage data to generate feedback, guidance and recommendations within our products. The results of our analyses and models will never be shared with third-parties or used to market other products or services to you.
Who do you share my data with?
As stated in our Privacy Pledge, we never sell your personal data to anyone, period. We won't sell Zenthropic LLC or any of our relevant data assets to another entity without a contractual commitment from the new owner to abide by this same pledge. We will also notify you of the sale of the company or relevant assets before being transferred to a new owner, providing you an opportunity to evaluate the new owner and have your data excluded upon your request.
Our web applications use various third-party services in order to provide our services to you. We make every reasonable effort to select vendors and services that are consistent with our Privacy Pledge (in relation to the services we use and the manner in which we use them). We limit the data that is shared with these parties to the minimum that is required for us to effectively provide our service, and use appropriate security measures to protect your data.
We comply with US law enforcement requests for data (when supported by relevant warrant, criminal subpoena or court order). Unless legally prevented from doing so, we’ll inform you when such requests are made.
How do you store and protect personal data?
We build and run our applications on a modern, cloud-native architecture. We employ industry trusted solutions and apply the security best practices recommended by our vendors. We believe this is the best way to keep your data secure. All user-specific data and content is encrypted in-transit using industry-standard TLS and encrypted at-rest using 256-bit AES.
Despite our best efforts to select proven solutions and follow vendor's security guidance, we recognize the potential for a security flaw in our provider's software or in our implementation of it. If we ever become aware of a data breach, we will take all reasonable measures to address and mitigate the issue as quickly as possible and to notify customers in a transparent and timely manner.
What are my data protection rights?
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). See Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament.
Zenthropic extends these rights to all users, regardless of residency. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request our company for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that our company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every reasonable effort to respond in a timely manner – usually within a week – though in some cases it may take up to a month. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Also note that we may not be able to provide our service to you without some necessary data.
EU and EEA residents have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where do you host your services and data?
Our services and data are operated in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in the United States. By using our services or providing us with information, you consent to this transfer.
How will I be notified of policy changes?
The latest version of this policy can be found at zenthropic.com/privacy. Whenever we make material changes to this policy, we will notify current customers using the email address associated with your account.
Where can I get more information?
Please reach out to us with your questions or concerns at: